About the drug:
The active ingredient in the drug is Tadalafil. The medicine is mainly used to treat erectile dysfunction as well as benign prostatic hypertrophy i.e. enlarged prostate.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is mainly used to treat impotency as well as cases of enlarged prostrate in men. Many a times doctor may even prescribe the medicine to augment exercise capability in women and men and treat pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by relaxing the muscle and increasing the flow of blood in specific areas of the body and thereby solving the problem of erectile dysfunction in men.
The manufacturer of the medicine is Shahnaz Husain, India. You can buy Apcalis oral Jelly - 20mg online also.
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredient.
- Are using nitrate drug for angina or heart problems.
- Experience any side effects such as pain, numbness, dizziness, tingling in chest, neck, arms or jaw. In case experiencing such side effects one must cut short sexual activity and contact doctor as soon as possible.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from any ailments such as coronary artery disease, heart disease, recent heart attack, low or high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, a bleeding condition like hemophilia, a blood cell disorder like sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia or multiple myeloma, a peptic, retinitis pigmentosa and so on.
- Are suffering from a physical deformity of the penis like Peyronie’s disease or have been asked not to indulge in sexual intercourse due to health reason.
- Are allergic to any medicine.
How much to take the drug?
One tablet should be taken per day and a gap of 24 hours should be there between two doses.
How to take the drug?
The drug should be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. The medicine should be taken as per the instruction of the doctor and no alteration of dose should be done unless advised by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken only as per need basis and prior to sexual activity. It is to be taken for the prescribed period as fixed by your doctor.
Overdose of medicine should be avoided as much as possible as it can lead to several side effects. In case of overdose of medicine get medical attention as soon as possible.
Since the medicine is taken on a need basis hence chance of missing the dose rarely happens. If on a schedule dose and if you forget to take any particular dose then the medicine should be taken as soon s you remember.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Pain, numbness or tingling in chest, neck, arms or jaw
- Painful erection
- Prolonged erection that persist for more than 4 hours
- Sudden vision loss
- Ringing in ears
- Sudden hearing loss
- Swelling in hands, feet, ankle
- Irregular heartbeat
- Light headiness
- Chest pain
- Heavy feeing
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case the side effects persist for long then you must contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact with Tadalafil and thereby affect the way the medicine works. Some of the medicines which may interact are:
- An antibiotic such as erythromycin, clarithromycin and others
- An antidepressant such as rifabuting, rifampin, rifapentine
- Antifungal medication such as itraconazole and others
- Drugs to treat prostate disorder or high blood pressure like alfuzosin, doxazosin, prazosin, tamsulosin or others
- Heart or blood pressure medication such as diltiazem, quinidin, amlodipine and so on
- Hepatitis C drugs like telaprevir or boceprevir
- HIV/AIDS medications like darunavir, ritonavir, atazanavir or others.
This is not a complete list of medicine that may interact. There may be other medicine also. Disclose the names of any medicines that you are taking currently so that your doctor can check for any possible drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
- The medicine does not cause penis erection but it helps in erection when there is psychological or physical sexual stimulation.
- Combination of the medicine and any nitrate medicine can lead to drop in blood pressure. Hence take the advice of your doctor before consuming any medicine.
- In case experiencing any kind of discomfort or side effects after taking the medicine and doing sexual activity, it is advisable to come out of sexual activity immediately and contact your doctor as soon as possible.